Building & Housing Minister Nick Smith & Auckland mayor Len Brown announced the latest 9 new special housing areas this week (on Monday, which I missed), which take the total to 106.
The new 9 add a potential 1100 new homes to total long-term capacity of 48,000 under the Government-council housing accord. The new sites are:
- Takanini, Takanini strategic SHA extension, 19.6ha, 300 homes
- Belmont, Hillary Crescent, 9.6ha, 340 homes
- Stanmore Bay, Karepiro Drive, 14.8ha, 78 homes
- Manurewa, McAnnalley St, 0.9ha, 92-111 homes
- Alfriston, Mill Rd, 3.4ha, 29-54 homes
- Epsom, Mountain Rd, 0.4ha, 60-80 homes
- Avondale, St Georges Rd, 0.7ha, 30 homes
- Avondale, Larch St, 0.5ha, 74 homes
- Freemans Bay, Wellington St, 0.2ha, 51 homes
- Meadowbank, Meadowbank Rd, 0.5ha, 31 homes.
Mr Brown said: “When Nick Smith and I are together in Auckland, we are either announcing new houses that are about to be built or we are opening new homes. Last week it was the 100th home at Waimahia. This relationship is working well and it’s working very well for the benefit of Aucklanders. The council will be considering additional special housing areas over the next months, and hope to recommend more locations to the minister in the new year.”
Attribution: Ministerial release.